A Summary of Updates and Changes to These Pages
in Reverse Chronological Order
Last update: see below
- Old pages on www.bmb.uga.edu/wf-page redirected to this site.
- Spouse and
Given Name Indices reprogrammed to link each entry to the corresponding portion of their family trees, see Column 4.
- Table of Contents for Section 2 rewritten to
use suggest using the new links in the Indices.
- Added more indices of genealogical books.
- Revised contents.html page.
- Straightened out multiple internal references
- Corrected "print" order references
- Moved Face Page up one level on directory tree.
- Changed to new e-mail address for site correspondence. See bottom of
this page and all others.
- Misc. Database corrections and updates, new indices and database pages.
- Moved Joshua Martin [mc0-30] and descendants to [jc4-2] based on information provided by source.
- Added information and descendants to the Robert Wampler [hm7-137] line.
- New database pages with some reconciliation with data from BSW publications, some format fixes, some error correction.
- Updated main reference page.
- Updated statistics and links on the surname page.
- All 2003 data submitted by mail and e-mail entered into database.
- Corrections to database files HG family tree and data
- Updated database with submissions and additions from research.
- Added pointer to "Coat-of-Arms" discussion to contents page.
- Fixed some internal references
1/14/'01 (MAJOR UPGRADE)
- Added Dr. John M. Wampler Pictures to Surname page.
- Added and mailed Winter Newsletter.
- Added new discussion page on "The Wampfler Coat-of-arms"
- Changed color scheme to match coat of arms Tinctures (Azure = 122,139,182 or 7A,8B,B6 hex; Or= 240,178,41 or F0,B2,29 hex; Vert= 119,156,40 or 77,9C,28 hex).
- Added coat of arms to Index page and insignia for returns to home page.
- More entries added to database
- Fixed date field of Given Name Index Page
- Added "Other Wampler/Wampfler Web Sites" Page with pointers on main and bibliography pages
- Added Bruce Wampler's suggested update notifier to Updates page
- Fixed pointer in mc0.html to newsletter
- Fixed format of newslet98.html
- new Index pages with direct links to database pages
- revised format of bibliography
- changes to Database and search pages
- 1998 Newsletter posted
- Error placing Elbert Ezra and his twin sister Rose in the wrong generation along with their descendants is corrected. Previously, the lineage was ... hm5-23]Henry-[hm6-18]William-[hm6-209]Elbert-.... corrected to ...hm5-23]Henry-[hm6-20]Elbert-. This changes the ID numbers for a large number of individuals of later generations. For the numbers and lineages, see the [hm6-20] entry in the hm1-tre.html file.
- Major revision and release of additions described in the Summer, 1997, newsletter.
- IMPORTANT CHANGE IN ID TAGS - All persons listed in the Heinrich Wampfler tree now have ID tags beginning with "he." This change gives new numbers to those previously starting [C0-] (add 6) so that [C0-1] becomes [he0-7], etc. Subsequent generations have the same accession numbers, i.e. [C1-1] is now [he1-1].
- Given name index added
- Revisions of the following pages:
- home page
- "Why did they Immigrate.."
- Added Puzzles page and two text pages (Daniel & Eva)
- Added pointers to Puzzle pages
- Updates Spouse index
- Update to Database page
- Added Tree and Database file on ancestors and descendents of Daniel Wampler (1770, PA).
- Updates of other pages to reflect additions.
- Revised Surname text with maps of the areas of Switzerland and France where Wampfler ancestors originated.
- Changes in Home page reference to surname page.
- Revision of Resources page.
- FIXED: children of Christian Wampfler [h-1-1]! who had gotten left out by formatting error.
- Added News Letter section.
- Added updated information from Kurt E. Wampler on the branch from Christian [hg3-42].
- Rearranged and expanded Resources page.
- Misc. updates and corrections to DB and Spouse page.
- Fixed pointer to search from Spouse page.
- Added info on line from [hg4-146] Ephaim Ward Wampler, provided by Donna Massey Dixon (great granddaughter).
- Fixed error in "Offspring" search AGAIN!
- Edited DB to standardize format to match "abrev.html"
- Added Spouse Surname Index
- New line added starting at [hm3-11]Solomon, provided by James W. Wampler III [hm8-155].
- New information on lines from [hg3-37]Valentine and [hg3-40]Thomas J, provided by Shirley Watkins [hg8-119]
- COMPLETED Family Trees for all of current Database and reworked tree selection page.
- Fixed several errors on Abreviations page.
10/8/'96 Format errors in "Immigrants" and "Search" file fixed.
10/8/'96 Added this record and pointer to it on homepage.
10/8/'96 Temporary "Form" page added.
This material is not for commercial use or sale.